1. Information
  2. Arrival


Last Updated :

Checking In

BHC Kingsville Staff, NAS Kingsville


Inprocessing Procedures

Your command will see to it that Admin provides you with a Welcome-Aboard-Package. It will contain area information as well as the name and phone number of your sponsor.

NAS Kingsville does not have a Personnel Support Activity on board the installation. Check-in processing is handled through your command or activity administrative office at NAS Kingsville. Personnel reporting aboard to the NAS Kingsville command may check-in at the Administrative Office (Bldg. 2740, 3rd floor) during normal working hours Monday through Friday (7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.). After normal working hours, new arrivals should contact the Command Duty Officer by calling: 361-218-7182. Training Air Wing TWO personnel (including Student Aviators) and other tenant activities personnel will complete the check-in process through their respective commands. TW-2 student aviators will report to Student Control, Bldg. 2741, TW-2 Headquarters Bldg. Remember to keep your Sponsor informed of when you intend to report aboard so that he or she can ensure that your arrival and check-in goes smoothly. If you do not have a sponsor assigned, please contact the NAS Kingsville Command Master Chief at (361) 516-6495 (DSN 876-6495)

If you are arriving in the local area by commercial transportation, contact the Command Duty Officer (CDO) at 361-218-7182 for transportation to the station. If the CDO reports military transportation is not available from Corpus Christi International Airport, a taxi to Kingsville will cost approximately $99.00 and is reimbursable on your PCS travel claim.

Remember to keep your Sponsor informed of when you intend to report aboard so that he or she can ensure that your arrival and check-in goes smoothly.

Travel Planning

On base resources consists of the Combined Bachelor Quarters/CBQ/BOQ/BEQ for personnel and their families who are arriving or preparing to depart on PCS orders. Stays are limited to 30 days for in-bound and 10 days for out-bound. Call the CBQ at 361-516-6321 for reservations and questions.

The CBQ doesn't provide kennels so please call the Fleet and Family Support Center ahead of time for community resources.

What to do if you get Married enroute

If you get married before, or while enroute to your next duty station, you must inform your commander/OIC and follow their procedures. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures. The same goes for moving your household goods to your new duty assignment. You must have prior approval from the Military Transportation Office. You can contact the NAS Kingsville Personal Property Office at 361-516-6289 if you have any questions. If you are a student and get married in route do not bring your spouse with you, you won't receive any compensation, to or from, NAS Kingsville for moving your spouse unless they are included in the PCS paperwork.

Relocation Assistance

Programs and Services

If you are approaching a permanent change of station, or PCS, you may have questions about your upcoming move. As part of the Military and Family Support Center, the relocation assistance program provides services and resources to help make this transition as smooth as possible. Below is a listing of resources.

  • PCS planning — Most relocation assistance programs offer counseling/consultations to assist in the moving process. Those making their first military move, those making their first overseas move or those with challenging or complex situations should contact their installation relocation assistance office as soon as possible for information and assistance.
  • MilitaryINSTALLATIONS and Military OneSource — For managing and planning your move, you may want to take advantage of these Department of Defense-sponsored online resources and tools.
  • Loan Closet — Loan Closet offers basic household goods while your personal property is in transit. Typical items include pots and pans, dishes, silverware, irons, ironing boards and infant or toddler car seats. Generally, towels and bed linens are not available, so these should be packed in your express shipment. This service varies by service and installation.
  • Workshops and briefings — Workshops vary from installation to installation, but you may find classes on housing options, moving with children, moving with pets or general moving preparation and resources.
  • Pre-departure briefings — These briefings may be called Smooth Move or PCS Briefing and provide essential information about your next duty station. These briefings can be critical in setting you up for success during the transition to your next duty station.
  • Settling-in services — Welcome Wagon services or local area tours may be a part of your installation’s settling-in services. Overseas arrival services may include introductory language classes and cultural awareness training.
  • Foreign-born spouse support — Whether you have questions or concerns about immigration and naturalization, learning the English language or how to use local transportation, the relocation program provides assistance, classes and referrals.
  • Emergency assistance — From time to time, emergencies occur while moving. The Relocation Assistance Program office has the resources to provide emergency financial assistance and referrals.

Programs and services may vary across the installations.

Installation Specific Information

The Fleet Family Support Center (FFSC), Relocation Assistance Program offers the following services for newcomers to the Kingsville area: Base Indoctrination, Welcome Aboard Packages, Area brochures and pamphlets, Hospitality Kits, and Information on available child care, resources in the local community, and surrounding cities, shopping, employment resources, and base information and much more. First make sure you have all your important papers with you (including your orders) not packed with your household goods.

The American Red Cross is always available for emergency aid anywhere you may be. Contact the nearest chapter (phone numbers are usually listed in the white pages of the local phone directory). The American Red Cross can sometimes help with emergency financial assistance and contacting individuals that will need to know where you are and what's happening.

Separations from the military are handled by PSD. The Information and Referral program at FFSC is provided to you for assistance with your inquiries. FFSC staff members will make every attempt to answer your question or refer you to the appropriate department/command. See detail listing for additional information on the FFSC, Base Security, Kingsville Chamber of Commerce and Kingsville Visitor Center.



© 2020 - MARCOA Media