From Washington DC
• From 1-95, take the Fairfax Parkway/Backlick Road (7100) exit 166 A.
• Take the Fairfax County Parkway to its end at U.S. Rt. 1 (Richmond Highway.)
• Turn left.
• At the first light, on the right, is the entrance for Tulley Gate on to Fort Belvoir.
• This is the main entrance to the post and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From Richmond (1-95 North)
• From 1-95 North, take the Fort Belvoir Exit 161 B. (U.S. Rt 1 - Richmond Highway)
• You will travel five miles to Fort Belvoir.
• Continue through the light at the Fairfax County Parkway (VA 7100).
• At the next stop light, on the right side you will see the entrance for Tulley Gate, turn right.
Visitor Processing Operations Center
All visitors in vehicles without Department of Defense decals must enter Fort Belvoir through Tulley Gate. Tulley is a 24-hour gate.
The Fort Belvoir Newcomers' Briefing is held every first Monday of each month (or the following Monday if the first Monday is a holiday) for all new incoming military and civilian personnel assigned or living on post. For time and location please contact the ACS Relocation Program at 703-805-5058.
This is a valuable opportunity for all new soldier and their family members to meet the Garrison Commander and key staff members to receive information about the post.
A video is shown to explain the mission and show the different organizations and services. Tabletop displays are set up with lots of handouts and resource materials and light refreshments are available.
If you have arrived on Fort Belvoir within the last 60 days and have not attended the newcomers briefing, please plan to attend and find out what you may have been missing.