1. Information
  2. In-Processing


Last Updated :

In-Processing Guidance



All in-processing Soldiers must sign in at the 1st Replacement Company, except for the following units: medical personnel, dental personnel, criminal investigation division personnel and mobilized Reservists.

The 1st Replacement Company is on Main Post in Building 210 on Custer Avenue, next door to the Central Processing Center, and is staffed 24/7, including all holidays. Soldiers signing in Monday through Friday during duty hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) must be in ACUs.

The telephone number for the 1st Replacement Company is 785-239-2119 during all hours. Other phone numbers are 785-239-8332/8302/8300.

Soldiers should sign in with the following in their possession:

• A copy of DA Form 31 (Leave Request).

• Assignment orders.

• Health and dental records.

• Military Personnel Records Jacket (MPRJ).

Soldiers can expect to spend nine to 10 working days for in-processing to cover such topics as finance, personal records, the Soldier Readiness Program, Military Resilience Training, Central Issue Facility, briefings about the Fort Riley area, etc.



The ID Card Branch is at Building 212 Custer Ave., on Main Post, in the basement, Room B-001. Normal hours of operation for walk-ins are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Appointments can be made from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The ID Card Branch may be closed to the public due to mobilization and demobilization, so please call to ensure the office is open. Scheduling an appointment by calling ahead will ensure you are seen in a timely manner.

Handicapped parking and access to Building 212: parking for people with disabilities is behind Building 212. To get to the parking area, turn into the parking area between Buildings 208 and 210, then drive behind Building 210, Custer Ave., to the back of Building 212. Designated parking spaces are on your left.

Wheelchair access to Building 212 is through the left entrance under the center balcony. The ID Card/DEERS section is at basement level, immediately on your left.

For more information, call 785-239-3654.


Vehicle Registration

The post does not require vehicle registration. To gain access to Fort Riley, drivers must possess a valid state driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of liability insurance/automobile insurance identification card. Additional requirements for permanent installation motorcycle registration include proper motorcycle endorsement on driver’s license, if required by state issuing the license, and proof of completion of a DA-approved motorcycle safety course (applicable to active duty military, their family members, DOD civilians and contractor employees only).

Call 785-239-3884/3426 for additional information.


Additional Relocation Resources

Individual PCS Planning: Most relocation programs offer one-on-one consultation for anyone needing assistance. In particular those making their first military move, first overseas move or those with challenging and complex situations such as special needs family members or financial problems should call the Relocation Program for an appointment.

Military Installations and Plan My Move: For managing and planning your move, use these DOD-sponsored web-based relocation tools with information on over 250 installations worldwide. You can estimate expenses, find the forms necessary for housing and household goods, keep a calendar of events and take other necessary actions to ensure a successful move.

Military Homefront/Plan My Move:

Military Community Directory:



Lending Closet

To obtain basic household necessities to get you through until your household goods have arrived, contact the Fort Riley Lending Closet. Assistance is available for families who are affected by Permanent Change of Station (to or from Fort Riley) in the form of basic household items on loan for 45 days while awaiting your shipment, or before you have cleared the installation. Calling ahead for available times to check out or check in the items is highly encouraged. Current hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed Saturdays and Sundays. Changes can occur without prior notification. The Lending Closet is located at Army Community Service on Custer Hill at 7264 Normandy Drive.

For more information, call 785-239-9435 or DSN 856-9435 or email In order to use the Army Community Service Lending Closet, you will be required to bring in your ID card and a copy of military orders.


Helpful Relocation Websites

Army Community Service Home Page:

Fort Riley Home Page:

Irwin Army Community Hospital:

Corvias Military Living (Housing):

State of Kansas Official Home Page:

State of Kansas Department of Education:


Quick Reference Information

• Hand carry all important documents: To help your transition go smoother, have all essential documents on hand.

• Be advised: All in-processing Soldiers must sign in at the 1st Replacement Company, except for the following units: MEDDAC, DENTAC, CID and mobilized Reservists.

• Contact the 1st Replacement Company: Call 785-239-2119, 24/7. Additional telephone numbers are: 785-239-8332/8302/3223. The 1st Replacement Company is on Main Post, in Building 208, Custer Ave., next door to the Central Processing Center. It is staffed 24/7, including all holidays. If signing in Monday through Friday during duty hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the uniform is ACUs.

• ID Cards/DEERS: 785-239-3654 to call for an appointment. Securing a permanent mailing address: Contact Fort Riley’s Postal Service, 5302 Ashby Ave., Fort Riley, KS 66442-9998 or by calling 785-784-2865 or fax: 785-784-4700. Do this to ensure timely receipt/forwarding of personal mail while en route to Fort Riley.




© 2019 - MARCOA Media