Lil’ Skeeters BBQ & Primo’s Pizza
Building 622 (Bowling Center)
West Point Club
603 Cullum Road
West Point Golf Course Snack Bar
For hours, menus and special event information, visit https://westpoint.armymwr.com.
683 Buckner Loop
The Education Center provides educational opportunities to enhance the quality of life within the entire military community and offers personal and professional growth through career development and voluntary education programs.
The center’s programs include basic skills training, college degree programs, educational counseling services, financial aid guidance and military and civilian testing programs. Information is provided concerning veterans’ education benefits as well.
Child Development Center
1207 Patrick Trail
Stony Child Development Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Combined with Army standards and regulations, NAEYC guides the CDC program toward the highest quality of care for your children. CDC classrooms are mixed-age groups starting at 6 weeks old up to 36 months, preschool and a separate pre-K program. The classes include literacy, math and science, art, blocks, dramatic play, manipulative toys, and games.
Request care at the CDC at https://militarychildcare.com or register at Parent and Outreach Services (140 Buckner Loop).
Exceptional Family Member Program
622 Swift Road
This program provides special-needs families with information and referral services.
Family Child Care
140 Buckner Loop
Family Child Care gives an alternative to the Child Development Center for families that need evening care, weekend care, care for children with special needs or infants and school-age children, and care during the swing and midnight shifts.
The program also offers an opportunity for spouses to contribute to the family income while caring for their children.
School Age Center
The School Age Center’s 5,000-square-foot building has four large classrooms and a playground. Healthy food choices are planned by a nutritionist and served daily. SAC also offers sports and fitness programs and a variety of clubs.
SAC partnerships with 4-H, the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and the Josephson Institute of Ethics Character Counts! curriculum provides children with additional options and opportunities for enhanced programs.
School Support Services
695 Buckner Loop
The school liaison office is the connection between West Point families and private and public schools. It provides support to service members during all stages of transition and deployment to ensure children receive every available opportunity for quality education.
Middle School and Teen Program
The Middle School and Teen Program Center, for kids in grades six to 12, offers activities that focus on character and leadership development, academic success and mentoring, arts and creativity, sports, health and fitness. A monthly calendar of daily activities includes trips, tournaments, health and fitness activities, fine arts, cooking, recreational activities, teen development programs and volunteer opportunities for youth.
PenFed Credit Union
West Point Branches
1204 Stony Lonesome Road
600 Thayer Road
Info and Appointments 845-938-4541
Tax-related Matters 845-938-5920
606 Thayer Road
626 Swift Road
The Legal Assistance Office provides legal help at no cost to service members, family members, DOD civilians and retirees with a valid ID card. Clients may walk in for powers of attorney, notarizations, bills of sale and general information. For legal advice from an attorney, call for an appointment.
United States Military Academy Library
758 Cullum Road
The library serves the West Point curriculum by partnering with faculty and staff across campus to equip cadets with the skills and resources necessary to conduct serious and meaningful research and to become life-long learners. Visit the library’s website for more information.
For information about the recreational programs at West Point, visit Family and MWR online at https://westpoint.armymwr.com.
Army Community Service
Army Community Service is the primary resource agency delivering support services tailored to the needs of the extended West Point community. ACS offers real-life solutions for successful Army living by providing a broad range of proactive educational opportunities, individualized counseling and coaching services. ACS programs support soldiers and their families from the first assignment through separation or retirement. The following are some of the programs available:
- The Information, Referral and Follow-Up Program is a centralized point for information and referral to a comprehensive network of internal and external agencies, services and programs; crisis intervention; and in-processing.
- The Family Advocacy Program focuses on delivering services that strengthen Army families by providing the tools to maintain safe and nurturing environments. Classes include parenting, a Wee-Ones playgroup, couples communication, and stress and anger management. Services include victim advocacy and domestic violence crisis intervention.
- The Exceptional Family Member Program provides comprehensive and coordinated community support to family members with special needs.
- The Financial Readiness Program offers extensive educational programming in the following areas: successful money management, budget counseling, proper use of credit, saving and investing for the future and consumer education. The
- Army Emergency Relief Program provides no-interest loans and grants to active-duty and retired Soldiers and their families in times of financial distress.
- The Employment Readiness Program offers a full range of employment assistance to Soldiers and family members with job search, career development and other related services including career coaching and testing, resume writing assistance, and executive transition workshops.
- The Relocation Readiness Program supports America’s mobile Army through educational training, guidance and outreach efforts. Services include welcome packets, newcomer orientation, a lending closet, cultural adaptation and English-as-a-second-language classes, sponsorship training, OCONUS orientation briefings and out-processing.
- The Army Volunteer Corps serves as a centralized source of information on opportunities to volunteer within the community. The AVC coordinates with recognized and authorized volunteer organizations that are seeking volunteers and individuals to provide volunteer service. Volunteering offers everyone the opportunity to be involved in the community, with the potential for personal and professional growth. The AVC is in the Volunteer Resource Center, Building 622. For more information, call 845-938-3655.
- The Army Family Action Plan is a grassroots-level program that gives a voice to all members of America’s Army. The annual AFAP Conference provides a forum where the Total Army Family can express quality-of-life concerns and promote effective change.
- Army Family Team Building, a volunteer-led organization, provides training to support the total Army effort. AFTB’s mission is to educate and train America’s Army in the knowledge, skills and behaviors designed to prepare our Army families to move successfully into the future.
Arts and Crafts Center
693 Washington Road
Visit the Arts and Crafts Center online for information about the programs and services offered, including jewelry-making classes, matting and framing, stained glass classes, a digital photo contest and the annual Army Arts and Crafts Contest.
648 Wilson Road
Do your own automobile maintenance at the center using its stalls, lifts and tools. It also offers auto safety training for do-it-yourselfers, and mechanics if you prefer to leave the repairs in expert hands.
622 Swift Road
Strike up some family fun at the 10-lane, state-of-the-art bowling center. Shoe rental, bowling leagues, bowling lessons and dining options are available.
Bull Pond Recreation Area
1806 Bull Pond Road
The Bull Pond Recreation Area, off Route 293 on the West Point Reservation, offers limited fishing, boating, hiking and swimming. Bull Pond is the perfect place for a vacation close to home. Cottages, situated by the “private” lake, are available for rent in priority order by active-duty military personnel assigned to West Point, active-duty military assigned elsewhere, retired military, and civilian employees assigned to West Point. Every April a lottery is held to determine who rents the cottages.
683 Buckner Loop
The center offers a variety of free weights, strength equipment and cardiovascular machines to help you achieve your fitness goals. Classes offered include spinning, yoga, boot camp, Les Mills BodyPump, introduction to strength training and more. Massage therapy and personal training are available by appointment for a fee.
Golf Course & Pro Shop
732 Victor Constant Road
This “spikeless” 18-hole course includes a driving range, pro shop and full-service snack bar. Golf clubs, gas carts and pull carts are available for rental. The course is open to authorized users and the general public.
Lake Frederick Recreation Area
54 Lake Frederick Road
Lake Frederick Recreation Area — on a catch-and-release lake just 7 miles from West Point — offers eight bunkhouses, 50 tent sites, mess hall and party pavilions. The office provides services such as an Equipment Rental Center, firewood, ice, canoes, paddle boats, rowboats, West Point fishing passes and more.
Leisure Travel Services
683 Buckner Loop
Find information and get military discount tickets for area attractions including Disney World, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios,
SeaWorld, Sesame Place and many other amusement parks including some in the tristate area and California. Whatever travel destinations you seek, the ITT staff can also help you plan your trips with assistance with airline tickets, hotels and rental cars.
Morgan Farm Stable and Kennel
206 Morgan Farm Road
Beginners and experienced riders can take advantage of Western- and English-style riding lessons, guided trail rides and summer riding camps. For private owners, full-care and partial-care stalls are available for rent at reasonable rates.
Morgan Farm Kennel offers pet care for community members transitioning to or from West Point or just going on vacation. The kennel offers reservations, a climate-controlled facility, large dog runs and daily walks for a nominal fee. Updated pet vaccinations are required, and grooming services are available. Call for more information.
Outdoor Recreation Equipment Rental Center
Outdoor Recreation offers modern equipment for rent and sale; this activity supports all of your adventure needs. Equipment for rent includes party canopies, tables, individual and family-size tents, kayaks, canoes, barbecue grills, a dunk tank, climbing equipment, backpacking supplies and paintball equipment. The center also operates West Point’s adventure programs with activities such as paintball, archery, rock climbing and ski trips.
Round Pond Recreation Area
1348 Round Pond Road
Beaches, playgrounds, picnic areas, log cabins and campsites surround the tranquil pond. Nearly 30 RV campsites with water and electrical hook-up are available. Boating, hiking, swimming, fishing, volleyball, basketball and horseshoes are favorite pastimes at Round Pond. You can also refill propane gas and purchase hunting and fishing licenses at the office.
West Point Commissary
1200 Stony Lonesome Road
Save your hard-earned dollars when shopping for groceries at the commissary. In-store amenities and specialties include a bakery, custom photo cakes, a deli, fresh sandwiches to go, a hot foods department, party cakes, plants, rotisserie chicken, sushi and a butcher shop.
West Point Exchange
The West Point Exchange wants to be your first choice for shopping. It offers a price-match program that guarantees the lowest prices in town. Hours of operation for services outside the Main Exchange vary, so call or visit the website for detailed information.
1204 Stony Lonesome Road
Military Clothing Store
Starbucks, Building 683
Subway, Building 683
Athletic Gift Shop
Enterprise Car Rental
Photography Studio, Bldg. 605
Express/Class Six/Service Station
Building 1202 845-446-3666