Family Resources

Last Updated :

Family Resources in Churchill County

Picking up from one place and moving to another is always a hassle, especially when kids and pets are involved. Knowing whomto call or where to find information can help make the transition easier.

Local government websites are valuable resources for newcomers to Churchill County because they provide important connectionsto other residents, local businesses andpublic safety. These sites give up-to-dateinformation on local happenings, municipal ­contacts, weather and events such as city council meetings:

State of Nevada

Churchill County

City of Fallon

Family, Children and Child Care Services

Babysitters, Nannies, Child Careand Senior Home Care

Find family care with this website that will allow you to search for local caregivers for ­children, adults/seniors, pets and even housekeepers for your home.

Or you can post a caregiver job and the let the applicants find you — guaranteed responses within three days. Access to background checks, references and reviews helps you to make hiring decisions with confidence.

The site also provides helpful information such as how much to pay a baby sitter, how to interview a pet sitter and how to find a tutor or after-school activity for your student.

Active-duty military families receive a25 percent discount on any subscription.

Child Care Aware

Improving access to affordable, quality child care is one of Child Care Aware of America’s
top goals.

Search the site’s “State by State Resourcesfor Families” to connect with national organizations and associations that provide information for families regarding child ­development, ­parenting, and child care concerns andquestions.

Under the site’s “Child Care 101” tab you’ll find information related to locating quality child care, the types of child care available to youand how to evaluate the child care providers you visit.

There’s also a special section for the military child on the website covering topics such as military fee assistance, payments and provider services.

Churchill County Social Services

485 W. B St., Suite 105
Fallon, NV 89406

Churchill County Social Services provides for the health and welfare of county residents with emergency and temporary assistance ­programs. Programs include rent and utility assistance, homeless housing assistance, ­discount prescriptions, low-income apartment and food program referrals, and public guardianship. For more information on available services, visit the department’s website.

Nevada Division of Child & Family Services

4126 Technology Way, Third Floor
Carson City, NV 89706

The Nevada Division of Child & Family Services provides support and services to help Nevada’s children and families reach their full human potential. The division’s programs include children’s mental health services, ­juvenile justice services, and child protective and welfare services such as for adoption, child care and foster care.


Use these steps to protect your pet from being lost during your move.

  • Keep a collar with an ID tag on your pet at all times with your current phone number on it.
  • Microchip your pets, especially if they are good at slipping their collars. It’s important to keep your contact information up to date so the chip can reconnect your pet to you. All animal shelters and vet clinics can scan for microchips.
  • Have a current license on your dog. It is the ID given to an animal by a city or county and can be another way your dog can be restored to you.
  • Keep cats indoors; it’s much safer for them. Cats are domestic animals and don’t need to be outside where there are coyotes and owls, among other predators. Give cats a post to scratch on, a window to perch in and plenty of toys, and they will love the great indoors.

Animal Services

Nevada Department of Wildlife

Fallon Contact | 775-423-3171

The Nevada Department of Wildlife is responsible for the restoration and management of fish and wildlife resources, as well as the promotion of boating safety on Nevada’s waters. ­Divisions include law enforcement, game, fisheries, conservation and education, habitat, wildlife ­diversity and operations.

For information on hunting and fishing regulations, visit the department’s website.

City of Fallon Animal Services

Animal Shelter | 775-423-2282
Police Department | 775-423-2111

The Fallon Police Department is responsible formost animal services in the city, including dog bite complaints, dog license issuance, animal shelter operation and stray animal pickups. For information on adoptable pets at the shelter, visit

Veterinary Services

Veterinary services in Churchill County are available; see the Advertiser Directory in this guide to connect with local providers. You can verify a veterinarian and other animal specialists at the Nevada State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners’ website at


State of Nevada

Department of Public Safety

Non-emergency | 775-684-4808

The Nevada Department of Public Safety includes the divisions of Highway Patrol, Traffic Safety, and Emergency Management and Homeland Security.

Division of Emergency Management

Non-emergency | 775-687-0300

Nevada’s Division of Emergency Managementplans for and responds to natural and man-
made disasters. The division’s sections include ­Preparedness, Homeland Security and Grants & Recovery. Visit the division’s website for ­preparedness information and resources.

Churchill County

Emergency Management

Non-emergency | 775-423-4188

Churchill County’s Emergency ManagementDepartment is responsible for providing public
support during emergency situations. They also provide logistic support for first responders during emergencies, as well as coordinating shelter and ­evacuation for the public during disasters.

Fire Department

Non-emergency | 775-423-6521

The Fallon/Churchill Volunteer Fire Department provides services to Churchill County and the city of Fallon.


Non-emergency | 775-423-3116


Police Department

Non-emergency | 775-423-0167