Housing at Naval Air Station Key West
Naval Air Station Key West housing is a public-private venture project and is operated by Balfour Beatty Communities.
Balfour Beatty Communities proudly provides homes and builds communities for our nation’s military members and their families, on and off bases throughout the United States. Balfour Beatty is committed to providing a quality living environment. We have the knowledge and capabilities to provide our residents with the best in management, housing operations, maintenance, technology and social activities.
Beyond the bricks and mortar of housing, Balfour Beatty Communities is concerned about its residents. We provide our exclusive LifeWorks program to help our residents and their families get fit, live healthily, develop mental skills and share social activities. We specially tailor the LifeWorks program for each of our communities. Residents of all ages will find a variety of activities to enjoy, from holiday-themed events, life teaching seminars, classes of all types, walking club, arts and crafts, and community wide events and programs to name a few.
Sigsbee Park is home to two-, three- and four-bedroom duplexes and town houses. These homes range from 896 square feet to 1,370 square feet. Features include fully equipped kitchens, central air conditioning, washer and dryer hookups, screened patios and outside storage. Many of these homes have been recently renovated. The backyards are perfect for children at play. For those athletically inclined, Sigsbee Park contains basketball, baseball and football fields. For those looking for a little relaxation, there are plenty of green spaces with picnic tables and playgrounds.
Trumbo Point’s newly constructed “Key West”-style homes are located on the waterfront with exceptional views. Ranging from 1,900 square feet to 2,329, these three- and four-bedroom homes feature fully equipped kitchens, central air, washer and dryer hookups, “Key West”-style balconies, open-air garages and spacious yards. The homes at Trumbo Point are within walking distance of the mini mart, pool, play areas and boat parking.
Civilian-designated homes are available on Sigsbee Park and Truman Annex. Rates vary depending on civilian affiliation.
The neighborhood of Truman Annex consists of 91 town houses and single-family homes. Most of the homes on Truman Annex have spectacular water views. These two- and three-bedroom homes range in square footage from 777 to 2,349 and feature one to two baths, fully equipped kitchens, central air conditioning, outside storage and yards for the children to play. Select homes also have utility rooms, carports and fenced yards. At Truman Annex you’ll find the Beach Patio Recreation Center, several playgrounds and JIATF South within walking distance.
For More Information
Visit www.naskeywesthomes.com or call 305-292-5590.
Fleet & Family Support Center
Located in Building V-4058 on Sigsbee Road, the Fleet & Family Support Center provides programs and counseling to support individual and family readiness to active-duty and retired military members and their dependents. The FFSC is open five days a week: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Friday, and 10a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday. The FFSC has a computer lab and resource room available to work on your resume, job search or conduct other personal business at no cost to eligible customers. The talented and friendly staff is always willing and able to assist with your needs. For more information about the programs and services offered by the FFSC, call 305-293-4408, ext. 28.
- Mobility and Deployment Assistance. Services designed to help you adjust to all phases of the deployment cycle.
- Ombudsman Program. Learn how to get in touch with your command ombudsman or learn about becoming the liaison between the command and the families for your unit.
- Relocation Assistance. Information, education and referrals to help with questions related to permanent-change-of-station moves such as moving costs, housing options, child care, spouse employment opportunities, schools, community orientation and much more.
- Personal Financial Management. Services that provide tools and information to help you achieve financial goals and address financial challenges. Topics include consumer education, budgeting and debt liquidation, retirement planning, and savings and investment counseling.
- Spouse Education and Career Services. Services include career exploration opportunities, education and training, employment readiness assistance and employment connections.
- Family Life Education. Education and enrichment services that focus on helping families build and maintain healthy relationships and strengthen problem-solving skills. These can consist of anger management, suicide awareness, communication, managing stress and parenting classes.
- Domestic Abuse Prevention and Response Services. Education, support services and treatment to help promote healthy and safe intimate relationships, reduce the occurrence of domestic abuse and address domestic abuse when it occurs.
- Child-Abuse Prevention and Response Services. Services that help promote positive parent-child relationships and prevent child abuse, and address abuse when it occurs.
- Nonmedical Individual and Family Counseling. Short-term, solution-focused, nonmedical counseling services address topics related to personal growth and positive functioning. This can be done in an individual format as well as family and couple format.
- Transition Assistance. Services that prepare separating service members and their families to re-enter civilian life.
- Information and Referral. Information designed to help you become familiar with and access the range of services available through the FRS.