Money Matters

Last Updated :

Army Finance

While you are stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, there is a military finance office to assist you in resolving most of your financial arrangements during your in-processing.

The Defense Military Pay Office-Richardson handles all the pay accounts for Soldiers. The DMPO-Richardson Finance Office is located in Building 600; telephone 907-384-1172. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for customers, and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for PACs. The website for the DMPO-Richardson

The Department of Defense authorizes a Cost of Living Allowance for all Soldiers stationed in Alaska. The amount of COLA a service member draws depends on their rank, years of service, duty location, barracks or non-barracks residency, and the number of command-sponsored family members. For more information,

Arriving Army service members’ in-processing: The finance office will need copies of orders; DA Form 31 leave form; if parachute training has just been completed, a copy of the jump orders and jump log from Fort Benning, Ga.; vehicle shipping documents if applicable; ferry tickets if not paid for by the government; and TLE receipts.

Departing Army service members will need to provide the out-processing office (room 105) with three copies of orders, three copies of leave form, and if receiving parachute pay, a closed-out jump log.

Air Force Financial Services Office
Visit the finance office for military pay/travel issues and civilian travel issues. Walk-in customer service hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Finance Office is located on the first floor of the People Center in Suite 103.

As indicated on your orders, travel via the Alaska Marine Highway System is authorized. Military members moving to Alaska are authorized to ship only one vehicle. Therefore, you can ship one vehicle and you and your dependents may drive an additional vehicle, or you may drive two vehicles via the Alaska Highway or the Alaska Marine Highway System if you do not ship a vehicle. Travel on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry requires you to travel with your vehicle to receive government reimbursement. If you do not travel with your vehicle, it is considered a vehicle shipment and you will NOT be reimbursed. Military members will file their voucher during their Military Personnel in-processing appointment upon arrival.

Civilians arriving on station should schedule an appointment with the finance office to assist in filing a travel voucher. All manual travel vouchers (non-DTS vouchers) are now sent to the Air Force Financial Services Center at Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D., for final processing. This affects all non-DTS travel vouchers, such as deployment vouchers, TDY vouchers, COT vouchers and dependent travel reimbursement. To speed both travel and military pay documents for processing, use the Comptroller Assisted Self-Help Forms Lite website at

For more details, call the customer service desk at 907-552-9104 or