Chapter 2: How to Receive Healthcare in Hawaii

Last Updated :

Registering for Healthcare

Tripler How to receive health care in Hawaii

When active-duty military members arrive in Hawaii, their personnel office will ensure that they in-process through their service’s military treatment facility (MTF) and learn about their TRICARE Healthcare System options.

TRICARE Prime, the military’s managed care option, is available at Tripler Army Medical Center, U.S. Army Health Clinic-Schofield Barracks, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Clinic, the Navy’s Makalapa Clinic, the Coast Guard’s Sand Island Clinic and the Air Force’s Hickam Clinic.

Please visit usonline or call 877-988-9378 to enroll or transfer your Prime to Hawaii.

You and your family will be assigned a primary care manager (PCM) at a clinic who will manage your health care. Family members of active-duty Soldiers and retirees are now eligible for open enrollment at any MTF on island.

For more information about TRICARE-UHC in Hawaii, please call 877-988-9378. Be sure to ask about TRICARE Online.


RelayHealth is a web-based service which enables providers and patients to communicate securely. RelayHealth is an interactive website where patients can receive preventive care reminders, send a note to their provider, request prescription renewals and refills, request lab and test results, and schedule appointments. For more information about RelayHealth, talk to your clinic and primary care provider.

Military OneSource: 24/7 Customer Service

Military OneSource is a website where you can find a variety of links to other websites useful for military members and their families about all aspects of military life. It also has a link to counseling services that are designed to provide service help with short-term issues such as adjustment to situational stressors, stress management, decision-making, communication, grief, blended-family issues and parenting-skills issues.

DEERS – Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System

Dial Hawaii area code 808 if calling from outside Hawaii

Shafter Flats,
Bldg. 1507 (Army) 438-1757

Shafter Flats ArmyReserve Center 438-1600, ext. 3195

Hickam AFB (Air Force) 449-8620

MCB Hawaii (Kaneohe Bay)(Marine Corps) 257-8861

Naval Station Pearl Harbor(Navy) 471-2405

Schofield Barracks (Army) 655-4104

Tripler AMC (Army) 433-9166

Soldiers are enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) when they enter active duty. For family members to be enrolled, however, their military sponsors must verify their family relationships by presenting legal documents (marriage certificates, birth certificates or adoption papers, etc.) to their local military personnel office. If this is not done, family members may be denied health benefits other than emergency care. Newly born infants should be enrolled in DEERS as soon as possible after birth.

Website address provides locations where DEERS enrollment can be initiated or changed,

Military Personnel Information

Internal Medicine Clinic

Telephone 433-2778, ext. 1

Third Floor, H Wing, next to Emergency Department entrance

Hours: 7 to 8 a.m. Monday through Friday (Sick Call Hours), 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.

To schedule an appointment, please call 433-2778, ext. 1.

Family Medical Clinic

Telephone 433-3300

First Floor, D Wing, Room 1D350

Hours: Day Clinic: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday; Evening Clinic: 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday.

To receive medical care at Tripler, Reserve and TDY Soldiers should have orders in hand. If the TDY or Reserve service member’s assignment exceeds 30 days, the service member should report to Tripler’s Managed Care Office to be assigned to a clinic/PCM.

Active-duty Soldiers requiring sick call or same-day care will now be booked into an appointment slot by calling Central Appointments at 433-2778, and selecting option #1, starting at 6:30 a.m., of the day they wish to be seen.

If there are no same-day appointments available, Soldiers should call 433-9237 to speak with a triage nurse for immediate assistance.

If you have a medical concern that needs to be addressed after hours, call the physician exchange line at 433-9798.

Military Liaison Offices

First Floor, B-Wing, across from Dining Facility

Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Air Force: 433-6775
Army: 433-6611
Marine Corps: 433-6614
Navy: 433-6611

Patients who are members of the Armed Services other than the Army may obtain assistance through their respective liaison offices.

Quick Jump

Military Trusted Businesses
© 2018 - MARCOA Media