MissionWe provide scientific expertise and preventive medicine services in the areas of field preventive medicine; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE); health physics; industrial hygiene; environmental and occupational health; entomology; health promotion and wellness; epidemiology and disease surveillance; and laboratory sciences. We deliver regionally focused support to Pacific combatant commanders, major commands, major subordinate commands and medical treatment facilities.
Environmental LaboratoryContact DSN (315) 263-3144/5615/3327
The laboratory is accredited to ISO 17025 Standard by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
- Analysis of Drinking Water†
- Analysis of Wastewater
- Analysis of Hazardous (Known) Waste
- Analysis of Ambient Air and Air Emissions†
- Analysis of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Analysis in support of Spill Response and Underground Storage Tanks†
- Quality Assurance Assessments
- Laboratory Performance Evaluation
†Analytical Services supported by the Department of Laboratory Sciences, USAPHC, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
Pathogen Detection LaboratoryContact DSN (315) 263-3144/5615/3327
- Biological warefare agent detection
- Vector-borne disease influenza detection
- Real-time and traditional Molecular and ELISA testing
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Tick-borne diseases
Health Physics/CBRNE ProgramsContact DSN (315) 263-4300
- Medical and Industrial X-Ray Evaluations
- Medical Radiation Safety Program Reviews
- Industrial Radiation Program Reviews
- Medical Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High Explosive (CBRNE) Training and Assessments
- Radiation Safety Training
Industrial Hygiene ProgramContact DSN (315) 263-8479
- Field verification of Biological Safety Cabinet in compliance with the manufacturer, National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and American National Standard Institute field testing standard
- Industrial Hygiene Worksite Safety and Health Hazard Evaluations
- Installation Industrial Hygiene Program Review
- Work Site Air Hazard Controls Evaluations
- Occupational Noise and Air Contaminates Studies
- Occupational Safety and Health Worksite Training
Field Preventive Medicine ProgramContact DSN (315) 263-3506
- Field Preventive Medicine Unit Training
- Deployment Occupational and Environmental Health Surveillance (DOEHS) Operational Support and Training
Medical Entomology ProgramContact DSN (315) 263-8531
The Medical Entomology Program is a Level IV Vector Borne Disease Surveillance Laboratory and Department of Defense Pesticide Applicator Certification Training Center.
- Analysis of Arthropod Vectors of Disease
- Identification of Insects, Spiders, Ticks, Mites, Rodents, and Other Pests
- Phone Consultations and On-Site Staff Assistance Visits on Vector Management and Pest Management Programs
- Arthropod, Rodent and Pest Species Identification
Environmental Health Engineering DivisionContact DSN (315) 263-8551
- Water System Vulnerability Assessments
- Potable Water System Performance Evaluation
- Wastewater Treatment System Evaluations
- Hazardous Waste Management and Spill Prevention Plans
- Environmental Compliance Officer Training
- Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessments
- Air Quality and Operational Noise Surveillance and Consultation
Veterinary ServicesPublic Health Command Region Pacific operates four veterinary treatment facilities on Oahu that provide comprehensive veterinary care for pets owned by qualified patrons (DEERS enrollment):
Fort Shafter 433-2271
Schofield Barracks 655-5889/5893
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam 449-6481
Fort Shafter: Weekdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed noon-1 p.m.
Schofield Barracks: Weekdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed noon-1 p.m.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam: Weekdays,8 a.m.-4 p.m. Closed noon-1 p.m.
MCBH: Weekdays, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- All clinics are closed after noon on the last day of the month for inventory.
- All clinics are also closed on federal holidays and weekends.
Pets are seen by appointment. Appointment times vary depending on the facility, but most sites offer appointments Mon.-Fri., with occasional evening or weekend appointments offered. Services offered include routine sick-call appointments and wellness exams with a focus on preventive-medicine and wellness services such as vaccination, fecal testing, heartworm and infectious disease screening, health certificates and microchipping. Most facilities offer laboratory testing and radiology services.
Facilities offer routine surgical (spay, neuter, mass removal) and dental services on a space available basis.
All services and products are associated with a fee to the pet owner that is due at the time services are provided. Fees are generally significantly lower than those charged by civilian veterinary practices. Due to the limited extent of services and no emergency services, it is recommended that all pet owners have civilian veterinary care options established.
How to Contact PHCR-Pacific:Official Address:
Department of the Army
UNIT 45006 (MCHB-AJ)
APO AP 96343-5006
228-8920 Kanagawa Ken, Zama Shi
Camp Zama, Japan, Bldg. 715
DSN (315) 263-8447; Fax (315) 263-5295
Commercial: 81-46-407-8447 (International)
Post Operator: 046-251-1520 or 1788
DSN 31-263-8447 (within Japan)