Tripler Army Dental Clinic
To Schedule Appointments 433-5370
To Schedule Oral Surgery Appointments 433-6712
Ground Floor, D Wing (G1D)
Hours: 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call if doors are locked.
Location: The Tripler Army Dental Clinic is located in the D Wing at the Tripler Army Medical Center. The clinic is only staffed and funded to treat active-duty Soldiers. Please call 433-5370 to schedule an appointment.
Services Available: General dentistry, dental hygiene, endodontics, prosthodontics, orthodontics (in support of the OMFS training program), periodontics and pedodontics.
After Hours: Emergency dental care can be obtained at the Schofield Barracks Main Dental Clinic at Bldg. 660. They can be reached at 433-8814.
Routine Dental Care
- Active-Duty Military: All dental services available. Routine dental care is provided to all active-duty Army Soldiers assigned to eastern Oahu. Care will also be provided to other active-duty military service members who are assigned for duty on the Tripler Army Medical Center installation.
- Beneficiaries Other Than Active Duty: Routine dental care for all patients other than active duty at the Tripler Dental Clinic is extremely limited. Routine dental treatment for all patients other than active duty is with civilian dentists accessed through the TRICARE Dental Plan, as mandated by federal law. Extremely limited space-available care is accessed by being medically adjunctive dental treatment or as teaching cases.
- Teaching Cases: A limited number of other than active-duty patients can be seen in support of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program. This care may include extraction of wisdom teeth, removal of growths, repair of facial fractures and surgery to improve facial or masticatory functions. A limited number of eligible children are seen in support of the Advanced General Dentistry Residency Program. This care may include fillings, extractions, crowns, root canal treatments, space maintainers, habit therapy appliances and early interceptive and preventive orthodontic corrections.
- Medically Adjunctive Dental Care: Dental care that will significantly improve the outcome of the medical care the patient is receiving while an inpatient and/or cannot be provided to the patient by the civilian community as an outpatient. A limited number of eligible children, who are enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program because of their special needs and require specialized behavior management in the hospital setting, may be seen by the pediatric dentist.
Na Koa Dental Clinic, Schofield Barracks
Location and Hours: The Schofield Barracks Dental Clinic is in Bldg. 660 and Na Koa Dental Clinic is in Bldg. 678 on McCornack Road. Hours of operation are 7:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. The clinics are only staffed and funded to treat active-duty Soldiers. To schedule an appointment at Schofield Barracks Dental Clinic please call 433-8903/4. Please call 433-8900 for an appointment at Na Koa Dental Clinic.
Dental Sick Call (Emergency Care)
Hours: 7:30 to 9 a.m. and 12:15 to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
After duty hours, emergency care is available for active-duty Soldiers only. Report to the Schofield Barracks Acute Care Clinic, from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. If a situation arises after the ACC closes, call 433-8814.
Emergency Care is Limited to the Following:
- Relief of pain.
- Treatment of acute infection.
- Control of life-threatening oral conditions such as bleeding.
- Treatment of trauma to teeth, jaws and associated facial structures.
- Emergency dental care does not include permanent fillings of decayed or broken teeth, or the prosthetic replacement of teeth.
Routine Dental Care
- Active-Duty Military: Routine dental care is provided to all active-duty Army Soldiers assigned to Schofield Barracks. Care will also be provided to other active-duty military service members who are assigned for duty on Schofield Barracks.
- Beneficiaries Other Than Active Duty: Routine dental treatment for all patients other than active duty is provided by civilian dentists accessed through the TRICARE Dental Plan, as mandated by federal law.
- Teaching Cases: A limited number of other than active-duty patients can be seen in support of the Advanced General Dentistry Residency Program. This care may include, but is not limited to, fillings, extractions, crowns, root canal treatments and periodontal care.
TRICARE Dental Program
The TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) is a voluntary, comprehensive dental insurance program offered worldwide by the Department of Defense to family members of all active-duty Uniformed Service personnel and Selected Reserve and Individual Ready Reserve members and/or their family members. MetLife is the administrator of this program, through which family members and Reservists receive dental care from civilian dentists in the local community. Active-duty military are encouraged to enroll their family members in TDP, otherwise they should be prepared to pay 100 percent of their family members’ dental costs in the civilian community.
For more information, to enroll or find participating civilian dentists, view MetLife’s website or call 855-638-8371.